Banglalink is one of the leading mobile network operators in Bangladesh. With over 3.6 crore subscribers, it stands as the third largest cellular service provider in the country. For Banglalink users, checking account balance regularly is crucial to stay connected and avoid any unwanted surprises. This comprehensive guide will walk you through the easy methods to check your Banglalink balance.
Banglalink started operations back in 2005 as Orascom Telecom Bangladesh Limited. After rebranding to Banglalink in 2006, it saw rapid growth and soon became one of the preferred choices for mobile connectivity in Bangladesh.
As per latest statistics, Banglalink currently holds over 25% of total mobile internet subscribers and 23% share of mobile phone subscribers in Bangladesh. It offers prepaid, postpaid, and enterprise connectivity services.
With Banglalink’s widespread network coverage, fast internet speeds, and affordable data packs, millions rely on it for their daily communication needs. However, without sufficient balance in your account, you cannot make calls, send messages or use mobile data.
That’s why regular Banglalink balance monitoring is essential. It helps avoid getting disconnected when you need to make an urgent call or use internet when on-the-go. There are several quick and easy ways to check your remaining balance, which we will explore next.
Ways to Check Banglalink Balance
There are several methods you can use to check your Banglalink account balance. Let’s go through them one-by-one:
Using USSD Codes
USSD codes allow you to quickly check your Banglalink balance without having to call customer care or install any additional apps. Just dial the code on your phone and you’ll instantly get a message with your account details.
- To check main account balance, dial *124#
- To check bonus balance and minutes, dial 1242#
- To check remaining SMS count, dial 1243#
- To check internet data balance, dial 5000500#
- To check bonus internet balance, dial 1245#
This is the fastest and most convenient way if you just need to do a quick Banglalink balance check. The balance gets refreshed in real-time.
Using My Banglalink App
The My Banglalink app allows you to manage your Banglalink account right from your smartphone. Follow these simple steps:
- Download and install the My Banglalink app on your phone. It’s available on both iOS and Android.
- Launch the app and log in with your registered Banglalink mobile number.
- On the app homepage, you will see your account balance details.
The My Banglalink app can also be used to recharge, buy data packs, check usage history, pay bills and much more.
Calling Customer Care
You can also find out your Banglalink balance by calling their customer care numbers:
- For prepaid users dial 121
- For postpaid users dial 01911304121
Once connected, provide your mobile number and the customer care executive will provide your latest account balance information.
Also Read: How To Check Banglalink Number
This option is useful when the USSD codes are not working for some reason or you need any clarification on the balance deduction.
Checking via Website
If you have access to a computer or laptop, you can check your Banglalink balance on their official website:
- Go to www.banglalink.com.bd
- Click on ‘My Banglalink’ and then ‘Log In’
- Enter your Banglalink number and password to log in
- Under ‘My Connection’ you can see your account balance details
This is helpful when you want to check your detailed account overview along with balance. However, the website may not show fully updated balance unlike USSD or app.
Emergency Balance Options
Sometimes you may find your main account balance has run out but you urgently need to make a call or use internet. Banglalink offers emergency balance loan facility to help you stay connected in such situations.
Getting Emergency Loan Balance
- To get emergency balance loan, dial *874#
- This provides up to Tk 100 loan balance
- Validity is 2 days
Checking Emergency Data Balance
- To check emergency internet data balance, dial 124500#
- To check emergency internet balance status, dial 8750#
So with the emergency balance facility you can avoid being disconnected even if your main balance expires. But use it judiciously as it is a loan and you have to recharge soon to repay it.
Prepaid vs Postpaid Balance Check
The process of checking your Banglalink balance differs slightly for prepaid and postpaid connections.
For Prepaid Users
- To check main balance: Dial *124#
- To check bonus balance: Dial 1242#
- To check internet data balance: Dial 5000500#
So prepaid users can simply use USSD codes to check their balance. Using My Banglalink app is also an option.
For Postpaid Users
- To check outstanding bill amount: Dial 5000500#
- To check bill details: Login to My Banglalink app or website
Postpaid users get a monthly bill so they can’t check “balance”. To check outstanding bill amount, the USSD code is different than prepaid. Full bill details are available on My Banglalink app or website.
An important thing to note is that postpaid users get reminder messages from Banglalink when they cross 90% of their allowed usage limit. This helps avoid bill shocks.
Both prepaid and postpaid users can avail emergency balance facility using the *874# code mentioned earlier. However, for postpaid users the maximum emergency credit is Tk 200 based on usage history.
So in summary, USSD codes make balance checking quick and easy for both prepaid and postpaid Banglalink users.
Checking Own Number
Sometimes you may need to check your own Banglalink mobile number, especially if you are using multiple SIM cards. There is a simple USSD code for this:
- To check your own Banglalink mobile number, dial *511#
After dialing this code, you will instantly get a message displaying your 10-digit Banglalink phone number.
Some reasons why you may need to check your Banglalink number:
- Forgot which SIM is in which phone
- Using new dual-SIM phone
- SIM replacement or upgrade
- Verifying number for recharge or customer service
So with the *511# code, you can easily find out your Banglalink mobile number within seconds.
There are a few other useful checking codes as well:
- To check current mobile network type (3G/4G etc.), dial *777#
- To check service activation status, dial *555#
These can be handy for troubleshooting connectivity issues if you face any.
Now that we have covered the various options to check balance, own number and activation status, the next section will provide some tips to troubleshoot issues.
Despite the ease of checking balance using USSD codes, you may face issues sometimes. Here are some troubleshooting tips for common problems:
Problem: USSD code not working
- Retry after some time as the network could be congested
- Check if you have sufficient main balance to use USSD
- Confirm USSD calling is activated on your number
- Try checking balance via My Banglalink app instead
Problem: Balance not updated after recharge
- Wait for 15-20 minutes and retry
- Confirm recharge status by calling 121
- Check if recharge was done for correct number
- Visit nearest Banglalink outlet for assistance
Problem: Balance deducted automatically
- Check for any active subscriptions that can auto-renew
- Go through SMS history for any balance deductions
- Contact customer care to report unauthorized deduction
Problem: Can’t access My Banglalink app
- Check app is updated to latest version
- Try uninstalling and reinstalling the app
- Clear app cache and data
- Ensure internet connectivity is active on phone
So in most cases, just waiting awhile or retrying the balance check fixes temporary issues. For persistent problems, contacting Banglalink customer support or visiting a service center is recommended.
To summarize, there are several easy and quick ways to check your Banglalink account balance:
- USSD codes – Dial *124# for main balance, 1242# for bonus etc.
- My Banglalink app – Download app and check balance on homepage
- Calling customer care – 121 for prepaid, 01911304121 for postpaid
- Official website – Login and check balance under ‘My Connection’
- Emergency balance – Dial *874# for instant loan credit
Regularly monitoring your balance is highly recommended to avoid sudden disconnections. Go for USSD codes if you need to check balance urgently on-the-go. Use My Banglalink app for detailed overview and account management.
For any persistent issues with balance checking, contact the customer care helpline or visit the nearest Banglalink service center. Proper diagnosis of the problem is needed before trying solutions randomly.
I hope this detailed guide gives you a good understanding of the various options available for checking your Banglalink account balance conveniently. Let me know if you need any clarification or have suggestions to improve the post.
Here are some final tips:
- Save USSD codes on phone for quick access
- Set balance reminders on app
- Recharge promptly when balance is low
- Track balance deductions to identify unclear charges
With these best practices, you can easily stay on top of your Banglalink balance and account usage. Be sure to bookmark this guide for future reference!